Students' Rights & Responsibilities
- You have the right to know how your financial need was determined and how it will be distributed.
- You may request an explanation of the funds in your financial aid package and refuse any portion of your award.
- You have the right to know what portion of your financial aid package must be repaid, and what portion is grant aid. If you have a loan, you have the right to know the interest rate, payback procedures, length of repayment period, and payment start date.
- You have the right to examine the contents of your financial aid records with a written request. You may not review confidential records submitted by your parents without their written permission.
- You may appeal any decision made by the financial aid staff.
- You have the right to request an explanation of Waycross College's refund policy.
- You must provide correct information. In most instances, misrepresenting information on any form in the financial aid application process is a violation of the law and may be considered a criminal offense, which could result in indictment under the U. S. Criminal Code.
- You must provide in a timely manner any additional documentation or information requested by the Financial Aid Office.
- You must make satisfactory academic progress to remain eligible for financial aid.
- You are responsible for keeping copies of all forms which you sign or submit to the Financial Aid Office.
- You must accept responsibility for all agreements that you sign and repay all loans in accordance with repayment schedules.
- You must notify the Financial Aid Department if you withdraw, change your address or name, or transfer to another school.